Thursday, January 26, 2006

Michael Gene Sullivan-Parts 1, 2, & 3

Here is the first part of my interview with another of my colleagues, Michael Gene Sullivan . Michael is a longtime member of the San Franciso Mime Troupe. His stage adaptation of George Orwell's 1984 is being produced by the Actors Gang in Los Angeles under the direction of Tim Robbins. We divided this 45 minute interview into 7 parts.
Note: In the interview my tongue gets twisted around the word legitimate. I'm saying legitimate. And I say that I've heard Michael say something in my class. I teach high school English. Michael has been a guest lecturer in one of my classes.

Part 1-Why adapt 1984? (6:01)
Part 1- Highest Quality Quicktime (Broadband) (4.2 M)
Part 1-Compressed MPEG-4 (DSL/ISDN) (2.8 M)
Part 1-Compressed MPEG-4 (Highest Quality for Dialup) (2.1 M)

Part 2-Why political theatre? (8:28)
Part 2- Highest Quality Quicktime (Broadband) (5.9 M)
Part 2-Compressed MPEG-4 (DSL/ISDN) (4 M)
Part 2-Compressed MPEG-4 (Highest Quality for Dialup) (3 M)

Part 3- Adaptation specified to current events? Call for action? (6:49)
Part 3- Highest Quality Quicktime (Broadband) (4.7 M)
Part 3-Compressed MPEG-4 (DSL/ISDN) (3.2 M)
Part 3-Compressed MPEG-4 (Highest Quality for Dialup) (2.4 M)